Canâ€™t wait anymore to get the ultimate Google product, the Chrome OS, on your PC? Wait no more. Built from SUSE Studios, the Chrome OS Linux basically is a light install of SUSE Linux containing the latest developer build of Chrome for Linux. Although not the official launch from Google, the unofficial Chrome OS Linux project aims at giving users a feel of what they can expect once Chrome OS is released.
The OS can be installed to your hard-drive like any other OS or you can run it inside Virtual Box or VMware.
Featured software in Chrome OS:
- GNOME 2.24 desktop environment
- Google Chrome 4.0.220 web browser
- OpenOffice.org 3.0 office suite
- GIMP 2.6 image editor
- Flash Player 10.0 plugin
- and much more!
System requirements of Chrome OS:
- Processor: Intel Pentium, Xeon or newer; AMD Duron, Athlon, Sempron, Opteron or newer
- RAM: min. 256 MB
- Hard disk: min. 1 GB
- Graphics card: supports most modern graphics cards
You can download the Chrome OS from the official site at https://sites.google.com/site/chromeoslinux/home. [via labnol]